Vive Le Pug! isn't your average dog park get-together — it's a French revolution-themed party for pug lovers and their pups, with food, wine, and activities for both four- and two-legged friends. The festivities benefit Central Coast Pug Rescue, which is dedicated to the rescue, rehabilitation, and rehoming of unwanted, abused, displaced, and neglected pugs, regardless of their age or condition.
The event is on Bastille Day — Sun/14, naturellement — and although the event focuses on raising money for pugs, it's open to all breeds, so bring out your Air Buds and Scooby Doos, too. "We're a very open society," Layne Gray, one of the event coordinators, said. "The event is for pugs, but we're lovers of all dogs."
Prizes will be given out for the best Les Misérables or French revolution-inspired costume (pro-tip: pugs look smashing in towering powdered wigs!), and best owner-dog look-alikes. Pups can also enter "Let them Eat Cake!" (a treat-eating contest), and a kissing contest to see which pooch can smooch their owner the most in a limited time.
"My dogs love kisses," Gray said. "But I'll definitely be using peanut butter to get some extra effort from them."
General admission is $50 in advance and $60 at the door, and there are two VIP (very important pug) prices: $100 and $250 "benefactor" levels, which include commemorative swag like a poster, a t-shirt, and a bottle of Pug Wine. You can also enter a raffle to win prizes like an autographed cartoon by Gemma Correll, author of Pug's Guide to Etiquette.
Plus: celebrity guests! World-famous head-tilting pugs Minnie and Max will be there, so sip on some wine, eat food courtesy of strEAT Fare, and enjoy what happens when hundreds of pugs ... probably wearing teeny berets ... get together. Slobbery fun times? Oui!
Vive Le Pug!
Sun/14, 3-6pm, $50-250
2455 Third St., SF
Most Commented On
- Thanks for the post and great - March 9, 2014
- Money is the ultimate barbarian - March 9, 2014
- BURN VALENCIA - March 9, 2014
- They claimed to represent the 99% - March 9, 2014
- No matter who posts it, - March 9, 2014
- I agree that government is corrupt and a big part of the problem - March 9, 2014
- Marcos and his point. - March 9, 2014
- No one needs to try and make progressives look bad - March 9, 2014
- I don't think SFBG has ever claimed to represent the majority - March 9, 2014
- Yep, population is what counts if the question is about - March 9, 2014